Part Time, Fixed Term Contract – Wednesdays 2-7.30pm, roughly one Saturday per month
Job Title: Creative Facilitator
Location: 1-2 Sutherland Rd Path
Closing Date: Midnight Wednesday 12th August 2020
Interviews: Friday 20th August
Contract Term: Thursday 3rd September
Reporting to: Project Manager
We’re looking to recruit a freelance Creative Facilitator to help deliver Blackhorse Responders in Walthamstow. Funded by the Mayor of London, Blackhorse Responders is a bold project empowering young people to respond creatively to life in their community.
Through 4 months of weekly creative workshops that vary between shaping wood, metal, printmaking, photography or public events, Blackhorse Responders is a project that blends thinking and practice, inspiring the public to change their attitudes, come together, and recognise the power young people have to inspire positivity.
**COVID-19: Sessions will be held in person at Blackhorse Workshop, E17 6BX. In the possibility of a Lockdown, we may move sessions online. We will observe physical distancing guidelines, ask participants and staff to wash hands on arrival, and cap participation at 10 young people per session.**
The role is responsible for co-leading the delivery of creative activities for 10 young people aged 16-25 from the local community alongside the Project Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate on an innovative creative social change programme, working in a lively environment at Blackhorse Workshop. We require that applicants have facilitation experience and an interest in making practice which they can bring to the role.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community and in particular those from diverse and under represented backgrounds in creative industries including BAME.
- Work with the Project Manager in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the weekly Blackhorse Responder sessions
- Co-plan and co-lead a 2.5 hour session every Wednesday to support participants with developing new creative skills using Blackhorse Workshop resources
- Co-lead Saturday trips to visit creatives in the local area
- Work closely with the young people to support them to develop their ideas within the themes of Blackhorse Responders
- Document and photograph the progress of the young people and the process as a whole
- Support administration for the project including taking registers and preparing resources for sessions
- Support young people with pastoral care needs where appropriate and inform the Project Manager of any concerns
- Ensure health and safety, dignity and respect, and equal opportunities in the workplace in line with Blackhorse Workshop’s policies and procedures
- Write one blog piece during the 4 month period
- Help identify networks for the young people and the project to connect with
- Provide thoughtful feedback to enable the young people to grow
- Hours per week: 5.5 hours a week (plus roughly 1 Saturday a month for 7 hours)
- Contract period: Thursday 3rd September – Wednesday 16th December 2020
- Training: Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th September
- Salary: £75 per Wednesday, £90 per Saturday
- Reports to: Project Manager
- We’ll ask the successful candidate to undergo a DBS check (which we pay for) and provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer to apply via video, please submit a video of no more than 5 minutes via We Transfer to email@example.com by midnight Wednesday 12th August 2020.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Wednesday 12th August 2020. Interviews Friday 20th August.