Before using the workshop you’ll need to source your own materials. We work with a few trusted suppliers we recommend, a basic list of whom are shown below.
PLACING YOUR ORDER
Please note you’ll need to make sure you’re here to receive your goods if ordering in bulk. You also need to ensure deliveries are placed under your name, NOT Blackhorse Workshop, otherwise they are likely to get lost.
For hardwoods, we’d suggest getting in touch with Saunders Seasonings (www.saunders-seasonings.co.uk) who are based at the workshop and offer a stunning selection of London grown high quality joinery timber for sale from oak to ash.
Other wood suppliers we’d recommend are:
E Roberts Timber (www.erobertstimber.co.uk)
– for hardwood timber and board materials, including birch ply.
James Latham (www.lathamtimber.co.uk)
– for specialist board materials.
Travis Perkins – E17, Wood Street branch (www.travisperkins.co.uk)
– for solid timber, board materials & building supplies.
If you’re in need of emergency supplies and small quantities of timber, C&S (csbuildersmerchants.co.uk) are just across the road from us. You are welcome to borrow one of our workshop board trolleys to collect large materials.
– for all types of steel section and components
– for specialist non-ferrous metals including copper, brass, aluminium
– Specialist in different profiles of steel tubing
Clerkenwell Screws (www.clerkenwellscrews.com)
– Specialist for all types of scews, nuts & bolts
– specialist in welding gas and equipment
Cirrus Laser (cirruslaser.co.uk)
– laser cutting services for metals
Most steel comes in 6 -7.5 metre lengths. Please ask your supplier to cut your order into max 3m lengths so we can store subject to quantity.
TOOLS & CONSUMABLES
Screwfix – Billet Way or Lea Bridge Rd branches (www.screwfix.com)
– for workshop consumables & tools
Axminster tools (www.axminster.co.uk)
– for specialist wood & metal tools & equipment
WP Wakefield (579 Lea Bridge Road, E10 6AP)
– for specialist fixings & fittings
If there’s anything else you’re looking for ask our technicians.